Dedicated for all non profit organizations, professionals, artists, internationals and locals who are out and about in Ramallah, Palestine. We aim to be possibly the first and only, effective and free Palestinian discussion forum available in Palestine.
To provide a bridge between none-Palestinians and Palestinian individuals who seek information about their stay in Palestine, Policies, cultural information, event notifications, and General questions.
As a focused discussion medium, we are frequently confronted with questions pertaining to the legal aspects of the list and the relationship between people on the list and the organization/s with which they are affiliated:
RamallahOnline Google Groups is a virtual discussion group. It has no legal status whatsoever. The views expressed by people on the list are personal views and do not represent any affiliation unless clearly stated by the author. This holds true EVEN IF their mailing address includes the name of the organization with which they are affiliated. Authors post messages with the assumption that others opinions will be equally heard via this unique open and free venue.
A few guidelines
• Be respectful of the list members, and no verbal attacks.
• No need to send news and articles, unless seeking feedback, or sending your own work.
• Please don’t flood the list with solicitations, or advertisements. Unless this information is requested, and would benefit the entire list.
• Feel free to share events & Share useful information
• All New member posts are moderated at first. (to help fight spam)
• Please, We do not care if you have an apartment or home for sale. There are much better lists elsewhere.
• Do not post Advertising messages, Season’s Greetings, Personal congratulations or condolences
• Review the Forums to Avoid Duplicate Posts
• All Caps Writing in all capital letters is considered SHOUTING and should be avoided.
• Flooding Reposting the same message multiple times in the same board or in different boards and/or posting many messages for the sole purpose of generating traffic and disrupting the flow of the conversation constitutes flooding
• Privacy issues Be respectful of others’ privacy and do not post people’s real names, addresses, phone numbers and/or photos without their consent.
• If you feel the need to flame, send hate mail, or otherwise reprimand another list member, do it off-list.
• Respect other people’s opinions. If you disagree, do it politely.
• Spam & Chain Letters We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding spam and chain letters. Solicitations are forbidden, unless a member is requesting such information.
• Don’t over-quote. Include only the specific information you’re responding to, and chop out the rest.
• Keep posts to the list brief. If you’re post doesn’t add value, don’t send it. (Example: Don’t send a “thanks”
message through the list. Send something like that directly to the person you’re thanking.)
• Be courteous to other list members. If you disagree with them, fine, just don’t resort to personal insults.
• Spell check and reread your messages before posting. We are aware that English is a second language for
the majority of subscribers. The substance of the post is more important than the grammar, nevertheless it
is a good habit to try and be correct.
• Do not blatantly promote yourself or otherwise spam the list.
• Self-promotion should be kept to a brief signature file at the end of your posts. Sig files shouldn’t exceed
The Group Settings
• Who can view? Only members can view group content
• Directory listing: Listed in Google Groups Directory
• Who can view members? Only managers can view group members list
• Who can join? People can request an invitation to join
• Who can post messages? Members only
• Who can invite new members? Managers and members
• Message moderation No moderation – messages are delivered directly (Messages from new members are moderated)
• Replies to messages Replies are sent to the author of the message. (you will need to reply-all to include the list)
• Moderation notification: Yes a notification is sent to an author when a pending message is rejected
|Subscribe to Ramallah, Palestine – Online Community|
|Visit this group|
Suggestions on how to further develop the list and/or its Etiquette are always welcome and should be sent to the list owner